Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
restore software

9708 Views 31 Replies Latest reply: 2017-11-14 11:01:20

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-12-18 16:03:55
     support why is there no facility to restore software  back to what we had if there is a problem after all we have paid for it even if out of subcription....

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-12-18 21:48:42 (Reply to:busaman)

Support

Yes I do agree with Busman we should have an option for software recovery.............as if we have an option for backup before updates or programming any module so if there is any problems at least  we can go back to old settings.............

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-12-19 08:56:20 (Reply to:Ashraf)
      yes it is not right if you have the need to re-install you either have to pay for updates (but that does not give you the option to use the software you have only to upgrade) or you bin the scanner.!!!

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-12-19 15:14:07 (Reply to:busaman)

While it would certainly be nice to have a backup utility built into the tool not having that ability is not unique to Autel. None of the factory or aftermarket tools I have , have a means of back up. The closest to a backup would be my verus pro which has a recovery program. But if I loose the hard drive , back to snapon it goes to get the software reloaded at a very high cost (unless I physically disassemble the unit and take the hard drive out and mirror it )  . If any of my tools become corrupted and I do not have subscription then I will need to get one to download the software again.  Most tools cannot be rolled back either factory or aftermarket. So Autel is really not out of place on these things. However because how they do things with android at least you can hook it to a computer and copy and past the car make apps and your customer database. The actually diagnostic program can be downloaded without a subscription (just not rolled back however) for free at anytime. So while it requires a little work on the part of the owner of the tool you can at least backup and rollback the maxisys it can be done which is something that cannot be done with many tools.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-12-19 16:04:38 (Reply to:mitch)
     well i have to disagree a bit there nearly all the tools available come with install software which you keep. (unlike autell) all oem tools come with a program to load, as far as i know Bosch KTS is the only one that locks you out after subs expire (to my mind should be illegal you bought the tool with that version of software and should have no time limits and be able to use after such a time)
    my dec ss2 subs have expired but i can go on there server and download the last version that i paid for which is all i am asking for....

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-12-20 04:23:51 (Reply to:mitch)

Disagree also like Busaman as far as snap-on goes not sure yet about Verus-Pro but Solus Pro have backed up right to second CF card and have used Restore from CF card right in the menu. Gscan have backup on SD card that I could stick-in anytime. Matter of fact Snap-on dealer re-installed my Solus Pro software at no cost when tool seemed to not navigate correctly changing data views. So it seems better scan tool manufacturers kinda of expect end user to occasionally have issues and why not have a utility to back-up right to the removable SD card built in the tool instead of all this dump it on the PC and wing it with either adding old software back to maxisys app along with current version or whatever. Sometimes I think half the issues guys have with scanner not working correctly I wonder if they were reinstalling older versions. Gscan also has a PC suite where if you want to store older versions you can update manually right from that suite so all things are possible if there is a willingness. I see already a back-up utility on the tablet that wipes everything from Autel to bring back the tablet why then can't Autel using security measures use same to work with the maxisys

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-12-20 09:41:29 (Reply to:tech54)
     they can they just dont want to...

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-12-21 08:04:26 (Reply to:busaman)
     were waiting for a reply support........

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-12-22 03:14:00 (Reply to:busaman)

You know I copied once entire content of SD card to my PC when I first got unit and everybody was recommending to do so.Noticed during copying the file just started growing and growing from original space stated so I let it finish but in the next few weeks PC started behaving funny I forget exactly how so I got rid of it and all back to normal on PC but no backup since then. Haven't really seen explicit instructions and not known what files exactly as I doubt you need everything like I did that time. They could at least have better instructions for using PC suite for this purpose if they do not want to use what device is already capable of doing hardware wise. All I usually hear like fella currently posted is did tablet reset now scanner dysfunctional as far as scanner capabilities (sell more updates that way) and then they give a bunch of bull about WI-fi etc. even during update period.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-12-22 07:34:18 (Reply to:tech54)
     i have not had that problem just copied the entire tablet to a separate folder.
  Total4 Pages